Tuesday 15 December 2015

♡ The Christmas Tag ♡

みなさん、こんにちは!

As I am still easing into this whole "trying to post more than once per week" malarkey... this next post is something quick and simple... a tag post! I saw this particular tag post over at Makeupsavvy and she saw it over at Milk Bubble Tea~
♡ What is your favourite Christmas Movies?
'The Grinch' is my all time favourite Christmas movie. I have never (and will never) get bored of it, and I tend to watch it around four times per week in the lead to Christmas itself... and even up until new year because y'know, it's still the holiday period right?!
♡ Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Neither really? If it's early Christmas morning you mean then definitely neither. As we have horses and other animals, we always make sure to take care of them first, have a pancake breakfast and then if everyone has arrived by 11ish (or as close to 11 as possible) then we might open them then. If not... mid-afternoon early evening, after the animals have been sorted again. Everyone I meet and know of this routine are extremely shocked at how patient I am about it all... but I don't mind doing it because my animals come first... just like every other day.
♡ Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
Spending time with my nan just before Christmas itself. We'd go shopping for food bits, go shopping for last minute presents/stocking fillers and finish off any baking that needed to be done. I still do this sort of thing with my mum, but I do miss my nan and doing this stuff with her... she was the other important female role in my life and now that she's gone, it hurts knowing that I can't do this with her any more but, I can do it with my mum and with my baby cousin when she gets older.
♡ Favourite festive food?
The ham. We are such a ham family because at Christmas, with any leftover ham we have left, we cook ham, egg & chips as a meal. Best. Meal. Ever. Oh and roasted potatoes and roasted parsnips! We always coat our parnsips in parmesan cheese and it's amazing! And the reason for roast potatoes... well I love roasted potatoes! Even the next day when they're cold mhmmm!
♡ Favourite Christmas gift?
This sounds super, duper corny but... I always get a Terry's Chocolate Orange in my stocking and it just makes my year to get that lovely, chocolatey treat in my stocking. 
♡ Favourite Christmas scent?
Cinnamon! And vanilla... and any floral scents! We always fill our house up with flowers over Christmas and do lots of baking that involve vanilla and cinnamon... so Christmas is a very scented affair in our family!
♡ Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
Extra amounts of baking normally! Oh and watching a movie... wrapping up last minute presents... panicking about things... the usual I suppose?
♡ What tops your tree?
A very, very old (but very adorable) fairy! She's always been on top of our Christmas tree for as long as I can remember.
♡ As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
A pony. We already have horses but when I was about 6, they were WAY too big for me (because I was short until I hit puberty) so I asked for a pony just until I grew... never happened OH WELL!
♡ What's the best part about Christmas for you?
Spending time with my family. My nan passed away before last Christmas, so last year was a little roller-coaster of emotions but my baby cousin was born at the beginning of this year (March) so this Christmas is a lot brighter (and more fun!) My family is only small - 12 members altogether - so spending time with them means an awful lot to me, because they're all I have and even if they do annoy my tits off, I wouldn't change them for the world ♡

So that's it. My Christmas tag post is over and I hope you all enjoyed it! Below, are the questions in case anyone cares to do them - and it saves you writing it all out ;) If you do do one, link me in the comments as I'd love to read all of your answers too!
♡ What is your favourite Christmas Movie/s?
♡ Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
♡ Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
♡ Favourite festive food?
♡ Favourite Christmas gift?
♡ Favourite Christmas scent?
♡ Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
♡ What tops your tree?
♡ As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
♡ What's the best part about Christmas for you?


Thanks for reading!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment