Monday 21 December 2015

♡ Favourite Cosmetics of 2015 ♡

みなさん、こんにちは!

2015 saw quite a few new cosmetics appear in my make-up bag, some have only graced it once, whilst others are now, permanently, stuck there. Not that's a bad thing... right?

Face
Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion in Mint is quite honestly, one of the best bases I could ask for. It helps covers my red cheeks, old acne scars and evens out my skin tone, whilst giving it a little brightness at the same time. On the same level, Etude House's Face Blur is another base/cream I can stick to. I love how that I can use this as a base underneath my usual BB cream (Skinfood Red Bean Cream) or I can use this for a (very) light cover - with powder over the top of course - and it can hide every.single.little.imperfection that my eyes can see. Pores, scares, redness you name it, it can hide it. Speaking of powder, Skinfood Buckwheat Loose Powder in Transparent is my loose powder love. There are days where my skin is oily beyond belief, and this powder is ah-mah-zing at absorbing all that excess oil, and leaving a matte finish on my skin. It smells lovely as well and feels super, duper soft once applied. I also use this powder after I've applied my moisturiser and before I apply my base/BB cream, as that helps keep those products on my face for longer throughout the day. Another powder love is Tonymoly's Cat Wink Clear Pact in Light Beige, and this compact is my favourite for bringing a teeny, weeny bit of colour on my face. Again, like the Skinfood loose powder, this one also helps with the absorption of oil AND it's handy to slip into my handbag. Heading towards the high end brands a little bit now, but the Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Highlighter and the Yves Saint Laurent Concealer were impulse buys when I went to Stockholm back in May and boy, they were the best impulse purchases ever. I cannot fault these two products because they are fabulous in both their areas of concealing and highlighting, plus I feel a little bit like a Queen whenever I pull these out of my handbag because HELLO! Gold packaging!

Eyes
Onto my favourite eye products - Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara was a happy coincidence in trying from receiving a mini tube as a sample. I love using this mascara when my sensitive eyes do not want to play ball with false eyelashes. This mascara just gives the bit of a va-va-voom! Next is the MUA Elysium Eyeshadow Palette, another impulse purchase because the colours looks really pretty in front of me, how ever could I resist?! The colours are lovely and pigmented, which for a bargain £6 eyeshadow palette, that is amazing! I love all the different colour combinations I can produce with this palette as well. Even though the Etude House Drawing Eyebrow Pencil in Brown isn't something I've found recently - it's actually been in my make-up bag for over four years now! But this little beauty is, hands down, the best eyebrow pencil I could ask for and I always go back to this time and time again, without fail. The Too Faced x Vegas Nay Stardust Eyeshadow Palette was something I fell in love with the moment I laid eyes on it and I'm glad that I've got it. I've only used it about 4 times since receiving it - because I'm a little bit sad and am making it last for as LONG as possible. And the final product is Fairydrops Volume Burst Mascara that I purchased in a little shop in Chinatown in London and let me just say, wow. I love using this as a base under my false eyelashes as it is such a light formula but it helps with that extra oomph!

Cheeks
There's only two products here as using cheek products has only been a recent addition to my make-up routine. The NARS Blush in Orgasm was another product from Stockholm and I adore the sort of 'doll effect' cheeks this colour can create against my skin tone. Plus if I accidentally put a little bit too much on, it can easily be buffed out to give a lovely faded effect, ugh dream blush. And the NARS Illuminatior in Orgasm obsession of mine started as a little sample bottle I had received with my Sephora haul back in Stockholm, to getting the full sized version when I realised that I NEEDED it more than anything! I adore combining these two items together as well, giving my cheeks a flushed, yet healthy illuminating look! Perfection.

Lips
It's no cosmetics list of mine without lip products. First off is Jeffree Star's Liquid Velour Lipstick in Celebrity Skin and Unicorn Blood and I freakin' LOVE the formula of this liquid lipstick. It doesn't dry out my lips, yes it shows the lines on my lips but not in a bad way. It's wearable, lasts an extremely long time throughout the day, especially after eating and drinking, and is able to be taken off easily. Not only that, one of my closest friends managed to get a couple of these lipsticks because I've been bugging her about getting them... HAH! Secondly is a collection of LASplash Liquid Lipsticks, and boy do I mean a collection of them. I have around 30 different colours over the range and I do not regret any of them. The formula is a little bit different to the Jeffree Star ones but, the pigmentation of the colours and the durabiliy of these lippies, I cannot fault. Next isn't a lipstick/gloss per say but a balm and it my LIFESAVER for my poor lips. The EOS Balm in Sweet Mint is a gorgeous balm that helps my dried, chapped lips become... well more lip like? I carry this little puppy around everywhere with me, and I use it as a base under ANY of my liquid to matte lipsticks, just to help my lips out that little bit extra. And the final lip product is a MAC lipstick in Pink Plaid. This one was a surprise for me in all honesty, I saw it originally in the Covent Garden store and thought the colour looked a bit iffy? But when I tested it out on the back of my hand, it's strange but you know that warm, fuzzy feeling you get when something just feels right? Yeah, I had it with this lipstick and I haven't put it down since. It's my favourite vintage, rosy pink colour lipstick and I use it under LASpash's 'Rose Garden' just to give each colour a bit of a boost!

And there we go! No doubt 2016 will bring some other new products into my life, but I am so comfortable using these products and my skin loves them all as well, just because I'm not breaking out into rashes when I've come into contact with them. And I'm not going to lie, I've also been a bit of an influence on a couple of friends by being that initiator of MAKING them purchase certain products *coughs* You know who you are ♡

Thanks for reading!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I have Jeffree Star's Unicorn Blood and EOS Sweet Mint and they're both my go-to products right now! xx

    Kimberley // thecolourchronicles.com

    ReplyDelete