Saturday 2 July 2016

♡ WTFood; Puccho Squid + Salty Lemon Flavour ♡

みなさん、こんにちは!
Upon my mass purchase of Sakura Pepsi on ebay - trust me, I frickin' love that stuff - I stumbled across something, that I knew was familiar, but at the same time, made me think "what the actual..." and thus, I give you squid and salty lemon flavoured puccho! A couple of my friends in Japan sent me packages of these items, as I wasn't sure about actually purchasing it at first, but hey - it's nice that people think of me, when they see weird things!
When I first opened up the packet, there was a strong, tangy citrus flavour, which is delightful to someone who loves citrus flavoured items, i.e. ME! Each piece is individually wrapped, and once unwrapped, you cannot tell that there are pieces of dried squid embedded in these delightful sweets. So therefore, you believe you are just simply eating a piece of sweet sweets.

It's an odd taste at first, and it's very hard to describe it in all honesty but it is a nice flavour?! You have to taste it, to believe that it is tasty... because in all honesty, who would have put dried squid in lemon chewit-esque sweets for a daily treat? Not me originally, but now that I have tasted these... I am slightly addicted and would gladly purchase more, but they seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth for now, so I'm guessing that they were a limited edition item - oh well!

Thanks for reading!
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. What a strange treat! I'm not really into squid but I'm really curious to see what it tastes like as I love puccho sweets...

    Lizzie Bee // mysticthorn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, indeed, a strange treat bb!! But it is really nice >///< ahkjfhadkjhfakl
      xoxo

      Delete